We are proud to welcome some of the preeminent industry executives in Europe to share their views on key developments affecting the European mutual fund industry.
We have partnered with the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment–the leading professional investment body in the U.K.–as our co-hosts, and you can register for the event via the form on the right of this page.
Key issues to be discussed:
- How fund management groups are addressing the challenges and opportunities presented in a market of increasing regulation, diversity awareness, ESG growth, lower fee margins and changing product appetite by investors.
- Popular trends of European fund flows in 2019 and assess what conclusions they hold as we move into the New Year.
- How ETFs are continuing to evolve and grow market share.
- How the significant market movers of 2019 might continue to shape the outlook into 2020 and what issues investors should consider for their New Year asset allocation decisions.
08:30 – 09:00: Registration and Breakfast
09:00 – 09:05: Welcome & Housekeeping
09:05 – 09:30: Presentation – The Fund Flow Trends of 2019
The examination of fund flows often paints an interesting picture of market dynamics. We examine the popular trends of European fund flows in 2019 and assess what conclusions they hold as we move into the New Year.
• Detlef Glow – Head of Lipper EMEA Research, Refinitiv
09:30 – 10:15 Panel Discussion: Macro and Markets – The Outlook for 2020
2019 has been characterised by the US/ China trade war, a shift in interest rate dynamics and other increasing geopolitical tensions. Despite this, investors have witnessed decent returns across asset classes. Our popular macroeconomic panel examines how the significant market movers of 2019 might continue to shape the outlook into 2020 and considers what issues investors should assess as they make their New Year asset allocation decisions.
• Patrick Armstrong–CIO, Plurimi Investment Managers
• Andrew Milligan–Head of Global Strategy, Standard Life Aberdeen
• Maria Municchi– Fund Manager, M&G Investments
10:15 – 10:30: Coffee break
10:30 – 11:15: Panel Discussion – The Enduring Power of Passive and ETFs
This panel will look at the ongoing drivers of growth and innovation in the passive industry, evaluate the outlook for passive vehicles and examine how investors are beginning to shape the passive and ETF environment.
• MJ Lytle–CEO, Tabula Investment Management
• Hector McNeil–co-CEO and founder, HANetf;
• David Lake–CEO, Lyxor UK.
11:15 – 12:00: Panel Discussion – Opportunities & Challenges Facing Fund Managers
This panel will consider how fund management groups are addressing the challenges and opportunities presented in a market of increasing regulation, diversity awareness, ESG growth, lower fee margins and changing product appetite by investors. How can fund groups stay relevant as we move into a new decade?
• Jasper Berens–Head of Distribution, Artemis
• Stephen Jones– acting CEO, Kames Capital
• Dawn Kendall–Managing Director, SQN Asset Management
12:00 – 1:00: Networking Lunch
1:00pm: Event close
Any questions please contact us here