For more than a decade the MENA Regulatory Summit has proven to be the region’s largest and most distinguished regulatory event. It has become the leading platform for discussion between regulators, industry leaders, risk and compliance specialists and financial crime experts from across the region as well as key centers and sectors.
What to expect in a time of regulatory uncertainty
While the regulatory environment has evolved rapidly over the past ten years, the past two years in particular have been characterized by a great deal of uncertainty. At the same time, the role of the compliance function has expanded considerably, which means that there is a constant call for guidance and clarity.
Join us on March 18, 2019 in Dubai as we engage with regulatory experts such as:
• H.E. Abdul Hafiz Mansour, President of the MENAFATF, Vice Chair of The Egmont Group, Egmont MENA Representative, and Secretary General of the Special Investigation Commission, Lebanon FIU
• Wissam Fattouh, Secretary General – Union of Arab Banks and Chairman of the MENA Financial Crime Compliance Group.
The focus of presentations will be on how to understand the current environment to best prepare for the future, and topics will include trends identified in the annual Financial Crime in MENA survey, the implications of the recent FATF mutual evaluations, as well as recent changes to the global sanctions’ regime.
This year’s summit will focus on:
• A review of the FATF evaluations in MENA and the possible impact on compliance policy updates in the fight against financial crime
• Key themes emerging from the 2019 MENA Financial Crime Report
• The challenges of information sharing
• The latest information on sanctions
• The use of emerging technology
Formerly the Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters, Refinitiv has over 30 years’ experience in banking, and over 15 years’ experience in governance risk and compliance in the Middle East, Africa and Russia.
Please complete the form to register for this event.
*The 13th MENA Regulatory Summit is a complimentary event for regulatory, governance, risk and compliance professionals.