Save the date!
On behalf of Refinitiv, an LSEG Business, in partnership with Digital Systems we are pleased to invite you to Risk Event - AML & Financial Crime in 2022: Navigating the Sanctions Slalom that will take place on Tuesday 14 June 2022, 9:00 - 14:30, in Bratislava.
This event brings together thought leaders and practitioners from our financial markets, compliance, risk, anti-money laundering, ethics, audit, and legal communities for a series of interactive discussions on key themes impacting business dynamics.
The event is free of charge. Registration is obligatory.
Date: 14 June 2022, Tuesday
Time: 09:00 - 14:30
Location: Crowne Plaza Bratislava, Podchod Hodžovo námestie 2, Bratislava
9:00 – 9:15 Registration
9:15 – 9:30 Greeting
9:30 – 10:15 Act no. 297/2008 Coll. on protection against money laundering and on the financing of terrorism and on the amendment of certain laws, as amended, in the context of international sanctions, mjr. Ing. Ivan Málek, Finančná spravodajská jednotka (Financial Intelligence Unit).
- International sanctions in connection with reporting unusual business operations and providing care in relation to the client
- Establishment of a payment account for a natural person who has been granted temporary asylum, rules for the transfer of cash from or to third countries.
- Risk assessment and potentially higher risk factors
- Politically exposed persons and Ultimate beneficial owners
- National Assessment of the Risks of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing
10:15 – 10:45 New threats in AML - How to deal with them, Pavol Droba, Digital Systems.
- Geolocation data processing in AML
- Working with Blockchain in a bank environment
- Small, obliged entities and their relation to AML
10:45 – 11:15 Coffee break
11:15 – 11:30 AML & Crypto - today’s challenges, Juraj Forgacs, FUMBI Network
11:30 – 12:15 Designing sanctions identification programs, Christopher Stringham, Refinitiv an LSEG Business
12:15 – 13:30 Discussion panel - specific restrictive measures and their application by financial institutions, moderator: Christopher Stringham, Refinitiv an LSEG Business.
- Current financial crime priorities in Slovakia
- Impact of the current situation in the Ukraine on Slovakia
- Applying Sanctions and the impact of a new focus on sanctions
- Sanctions evasion: is this even an issue?
13:30 – 14:30 Lunch