2020 Refinitiv Eikon Challenge - February 10th up to March 10th
Are you the next Peter Lynch?
Peter Lynch (born January 19, 1944) is an American mutual fund manager. As the manager of the Magellan Fund at Fidelity Investments between 1977 and 1990, Lynch averaged a 29.2% annual return, consistently more than doubling the S&P 500 stock market index and making it the best-performing mutual fund in the world. During his 13-year tenure, assets under management increased from $18 million to $14 billion.
Peter Lynch consistently selected the right stocks. We also believe that Peter Lynch – if managing portfolios today – would have selected the right stocks with the best ethical standards in environmental, social and governance.
The objective of this challenge is to find an affordable stock, according to the value investing methodology, among all the S&P 500 shares. On top of this, the company selected must be following the best ethical standards according to the ESG data provided by Refinitiv.
Join the challenge by following these steps:
- Complete the form to register your participation to the Refinitiv Eikon Challenge
- Use only data from Refinitiv Eikon for your research
- Document your selection criteria on a word document – Explain your methodology and the criteria used
- Submit your challenge by March 10th 2020 to email@example.com
- And get a chance to WIN THE NEW iPhone*
A distinguished panel of jury members will select the best stock recommendation based on your proposed analytical approach and creativity:
Looking forward to discovering the next Peter Lynch! Find support documents below.
Download helpful resources for additional support and more information.
Listen to the Webex recording done last Tuesday, February 18th, discussing questions and clarifications from students.
Where to find Refinitiv Eikon Terminals in campus:
- Room D003 (Refinitiv Finance Data Lab): 23 terminals. Ask security to open the room if needed
- Library: 10 terminals
- CTT Student Hall: 5 terminals
* The Top 10 best stock recommendations and the winner will be shared at Nova SBE Led Wall at the Hovione Atrium. Winner will be announced in this REFINITIV EIKON CHALLENGE WEBPAGE on April 6th .