Join Refinitiv, An LSEG Business in partnership with SAMLIT for this complimentary Risk seminar.
Hear from Refinitiv and leading industry experts as they highlight the latest developments in the outcome of SA's Grey listing status as well as reflecting on global priorities & developments and how these impact the region.
We will also be launching the anticipated SAMLIT Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking report titled - Follow the Money: How understanding financial flows and key indicators can help to fight modern slavery and human trafficking in South Africa.
Event Agenda and Speaker details below:
08:00 - 09:00 Registration and Networking
09:00 - 09:40 Keynote address: Reflecting on Egmont Group's global policy priorities, Adv Xolisile Khanyile, Director, Financial Intelligence Centre and SAMLIT
09:40 - 10:20 Outcome of SA's Grey listing: steps taken and implications to the region, Christopher Malan, Executive Manager, Compliance and Prevention, Financial Intelligence Centre
10:20 - 10:30 Coffee break
10:30 - 11:10 Key findings of Follow the Money: How understanding financial flows and key indicators can help to fight modern slavery and human trafficking in South Africa report
- Rozanne Ahmed Gany, Conduct, Financial Crime and Compliance Head FCC, South and Southern Africa Standard Chartered Bank
- Ruth Helena Alves da Mota, Manager - Content Specialists, World-Check, Refinitiv, an LSEG business
- Evita Situma, Senior Specialist: Financial Crime Compliance, Discovery Bank
11:10 - 12:00 Panel Discussion: Human trafficking
Ruth Helena Alves da Mota, Manager - Content Specialists, World-Check, Refinitiv, an LSEG business
- Carina Coetzee, National Senior Prosecutor, National Prosecuting Authority (NPA)
- Major General Ebrahim Kadwa, Provincial Head of Gauteng, Directorate of Priority Crime Investigation (DPCI)
- Evan Cupido, Project Manager, Stronger Together
- Rozanne Ahmed Gany, Head of Financial Crime Compliance, Standard Chartered Bank and Chair of the SAMLIT MSHT EGW. Outstanding: A21 representative and FIC Representative
- Adv Xolisile Khanyile, Director, Financial Intelligence Centre and SAMLIT
12:00 - 13:00 Lunch break
13:00 - 14:00 Reflecting on global priorities and developments, Che Sidanius, Global Head of Financial Crime and Industry Affairs, Refinitiv, an LSEG business
- The Global Coalition to Fight Financial Crime - personal reflection on Xolisile's Financial Crime Fighter of the Year award voted by her global peers (last year's recipient was David Lewis, FATF President)
- From 'Grey to Green': FATF's next Mutual Evaluation methodology and recommendations
- Interpol's ground-breaking Resolution passed by Xolisile and Refinitiv
14:00 - 14:15 Closing Remarks
14:15 - 15:00 Networking
Please complete the form to register your attendance.